Firmware Upgrade Required
You are required to upgrade your Frontier provided modem firmware to a newer version. Please follow the following steps to update the modem. This process only takes 5 to 7 minutes. If you should have any questions or need assistance, please call our Technical Support Group at 1 (800) 921 - 8104 or click here to chat live.
Step 1: Log into your modem using your web browser
- Direct your browser to 192.168.254.254 (192.168.254.254 is the default IP for your modem, if it has been changed and you need assistance determining the current IP please contact the IHD)
- Enter your modem password and click Apply. (default password is admin)
- You will be logged in to the modem
Step 2: Update Actiontec F2250's firmware
- Click on "Advanced" link in the main menu
- Click "Firmware" link in left menu
- Click on "Upgrade from Internet" button
Step 3: You will be prompted for confirmation
- Click on the confirmation message
Step 4: Firmware starts downloading
- Status message will appear: "You must wait for the image to be downloaded..."
- Downloading progress may report 0% even though it is in progress. Using a 6 Mbps line, download will take about 40 seconds
- Firmware upgrade in progress
Step 5: Modem will reboot
- Modem rebooting message will be present.
- After reboot is complete, the F2250 login page will displayed.
The upgrade forces the Modem GUI Login password to be the WPA default
Passphrase listed on the label on the bottom of the device (each
passphrase is unique to the device and this is an example only)
- Passphrase location
- Login Page
Step 6: Acknowledge
We strongly encourage you to take immediate action to update the modem firmware. Once you press the acknowledge button, you will be able to continue your activities online. ( Alternatively, if you are not able to perform the upgrade process now, please bookmark this page URL to be able to return to it to perform the upgrade at your convenience.) This message will appear every 24 hours if the modem is not updated.
Thank you for your aknowledgement!
Please wait for 30 seconds while we ensure your aknowledgement is saved and then you will be able to continue with your online activities.
Note:Depending on the program you use, it may be necessary to clear your cache or restart your web browser in order to access the web site you originally requested. Other web sites should load normally.